Header ad
The Independent Voice of the Commodity Industry
Breaking News
  • Visit WWW.BARTALKS.NET to read more about BARISTAS, BARISTA COMPETITIONS, COFFEE SHOPS, BAR EQUIPMENT, CHOCOLATE MANUFACTURERS & the BEAN TO BAR world

  • Visit WWW.BARTALKS.NET to read more about BARISTAS, BARISTA COMPETITIONS, COFFEE SHOPS, BAR EQUIPMENT, CHOCOLATE MANUFACTURERS & the BEAN TO BAR world

  • Visit WWW.BARTALKS.NET to read more about BARISTAS, BARISTA COMPETITIONS, COFFEE SHOPS, BAR EQUIPMENT, CHOCOLATE MANUFACTURERS & the BEAN TO BAR world

  • Visit WWW.BARTALKS.NET to read more about BARISTAS, BARISTA COMPETITIONS, COFFEE SHOPS, BAR EQUIPMENT, CHOCOLATE MANUFACTURERS & the BEAN TO BAR world

  • Visit WWW.BARTALKS.NET to read more about BARISTAS, BARISTA COMPETITIONS, COFFEE SHOPS, BAR EQUIPMENT, CHOCOLATE MANUFACTURERS & the BEAN TO BAR world

IMA ACQUIRES STAKES IN SPREAFICO AUTOMATION AND TECMAR

IMA ACQUIRES STAKES IN SPREAFICO AUTOMATION AND TECMAR



IMA has signed an agreement to acquire controlling shareholdings in Spreafico Automation in Italy and Tecmar in Argentina.

Spreafico, based in Calolziocorte, Lecco, and owned by the Spreafico family, is an important player in the design, production and marketing of automatic machines for filling and preparing single-serve capsules for coffee and other soluble products. IMA has acquired 70 per cent of the company and has also been granted a purchase option, exercisable in April 2028, for the other 30 per cent of Spreafico Automation.

IMA also signed an agreement with Messrs A Bianchi and N Bustamante to acquire 61.45 per cent of Tecmar SA. The company, based in Mar del Plata in Argentina, is an important player in the Latin American market in the design, production and marketing of automatic packaging machines in the coffee and food sectors. IMA has also been granted a purchase option, exercisable in April 2024, for the other 38.55 per cent of Tecmar.

These acquisitions significantly strengthen the IMA Group’s presence in the coffee sector, a market that is expected to grow strongly in the coming years. To this will be added the commercial and production synergies expected from integration of these two companies with the IMA Group’s sales network and sub-contracting system.

IMA envisages a financial outlay of €9.6 million for the Spreafico deal. The company had turnover in 2018 of more than €16.5 million and EBITDA of approximately €2.5 million. It had 45 employees.

The Tecmar acquisition will cost IMA around €1.7 million. Tecmar has a turnover of approximately €4.5 million and EBITDA of approximately €0.5 million in 2018, with 52 employees.

Alberto Vacchi, IMA’s Chairman and CEO (shown here), said, “IMA already has a consolidated presence in the coffee sector. Simultaneous entry into Spreafico Automation and Tecmar allows us to complete the range of products that we can offer and significantly strengthen our position in the Latin American market, which is expected to grow strongly in the coming years.”

Related posts

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *